Simple, Healthy Rice Krispy Treats
- 2 ½ cups pure honey (substitution for marshmallows)
- ¼ cup sunflower oil (substitution for butter )
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla
- Optional: ¼ tsp coconut extract *
- 3 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- Optional: Red & green food colouring *
- Desired topping: cranberries, raisins, sprinkles, shredded almonds
- Optional: 1 cup shredded coconut *
In large saucepan on medium to low heat, add oil and honey until heated. Remove from stove and stir in vanilla and coconut extract. If using food colouring divide the heated mixture into three separate pots. Add approximately 4 drops of food colouring into two of the pots and stir, leave one pot without any food colouring. Combine the mixture of Rice Krispies and desired topping into one pot at a time. Leave to cool slightly.
How To Make Balls:
Grease hands with oil, take 1 tsp and roll into balls. Place on waxed paper. Optional: Spread coconut in a shallow dish; roll balls into coconut to coat. Arrange in a fancy plate or gift wrap in a box.
A Great Gift Idea!!!